Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Grateful

It sure is nice to have good friends these days. As I was driving home last night from working out, our car (that we just spent a hefty amount of money on to get new breaks, spark plugs and wires, valve gasket covers, etc.) started shutting down on me. I stopped the car, turned it off, and immediately noticed the engine smoking. Then I heard a "POP!" I called Craig, somewhat frantically, and he said he'd come right away.

When he got down the road to where I was, I was not in the least bit surprised that our roommate Nathan was with him. The guys opened up the hood and were looking around and asking me questions about what had happened. Turns out there was a hole in my battery. It literally EXPLODED. Anyways, to make a long story short, Craig and I had to go get a new battery while Nathan got the car off the road after calling his mechanic.

Despite all of the frustrations, Craig and I will never forget the sight of Nathan sandwiched in between 2 trucks hazard lights and all- pushing and running with our car in neutral for about 1/2 a mile. We are grateful. Grateful that this didn't happen on the highway I had just gone down, grateful that we had another person to help out because we could not have done it on our own, grateful that Nathan's wife Jamie turned our dinner on low on the stove so that it wouldn't burn while we were taking care of all of this, and grateful that we have one another. For when Craig is frustrated and easily angered (which rarely happens), I am typically positive and calm. And when I can't stop crying, Craig is right by my side offering encouragement and laughter.

We have faced several difficulties this week, but we continue to be  grateful for what we do have and the blessings of friends and family. Thankful to God that He provides in more ways than we can ask or imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment